Nepal Physiotherapy Association (NEPTA) is a national organization of professional Nepalese physiotherapists.
NEPTA is an active member of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT). NEPTA is recognized by the Government of Nepal and registered as national umbrella organization of professional physiotherapists. NEPTA is to physiotherapists as Nepal Medical Association is to Doctors and Nepal Bar Association is to Lawyers. NEPTA falls under National Direction Act 2018 BS.
Vision of NEPTA is to move physiotherapy forward as a profession so that it is recognised by various sectors including ministry of health, government and various non-governmental organizations for its significant role in improving health and wellbeing.
NEPTA is the national voice of physiotherapists of Nepal which has a mission to:
- unite the physiotherapy profession within the country
- represent physiotherapy in Nepal internationally
- promote high standards of physiotherapy practice, education and research
- facilitate communication and information exchange among branches (subgroups) of NEPTA and their members
- collaborate with national and international organisations and
- contribute to the improvement of health.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To uplift physiotherapy profession in Nepal
- To create awareness of physiotherapy to the consumer, government and policy makers.
- To set and ensure the ethical professional practices and high professional standards of independent practice of physiotherapy
- To preach lifelong learning to all physiotherapists in Nepal
- To publish newsletter and update members and others with regular activities of NEPTA and also inform you about latest treatment approach.
- To update all regarding news, events and activities of NEPTA.
- To link the physiotherapists from all over Nepal for sharing of ideas and knowledge.
- To collaborate with National and International organizations.
- To encourage all for evidence based approach in the field of Physiotherapy, start and encourage Scientific Research in Physiotherapy in Nepal
- To watch and advise Government / Organizations and NGOs on policy matters affecting the development and practice of Physiotherapy.
- To advise and assist Government, Organisation and NGO’s on policy matters affecting the development and practice of physiotherapy.
- To create awareness to government regarding job opportunities, scholarship like other fields and discourage and stop malpractice and quack practice of physiotherapy in Nepal.
- To work in all possible ways to achieve the aims and objective of NEPTA.